City Khimki Khimki is one of the largest satellite cities of Moscow, founded in 1939 and located in the North-West of the capital. The population of Khimki is more than 200 thousand people. The name of the city is borrowed from the Himka river. Khimki is the only settlement that is part of the urban district of Khimki, Khimki is the administration of the city district. The territory of the city of Khimki, Leningradskoe shosse intersects and is divided into two parts: Old and New Khimki. The Coat Of Arms Of Khimki The coat of arms of the city of Khimki (and district) approved by the district Council of deputies of Khimki district (RDHR) the fifth of February 1999. Information about the coat of arms included in the State heraldic register (RGR) under number 425. Here is a description of the coat of arms of the city of Khimki: On black field a Golden winged centaur, holding in his outstretched hands the bow and arrow and accompanied by a circle — headed, in the end, on the sides and in each corner except the top right, gold stars on four, extended crosswise. Black box color matches the color of the space and complements the content of the emblem. Gold is a symbol of valor, justice, wealth and generosity. In Khimki there are many kinds of transport: buses, taxis, trolley buses, trains. Not far from the Khimki river station is located. Next to the station of Khimki is located the Park of culture and rest named after Leo Tolstoy. Riverfront Park offers a beautiful view on the canal. Moscow. Khimki is one of the main industrial cities in the Moscow region. Because in Khimki there are plenty of high-tech factories, design bureaus. In Khimki has a lot of sports facilities, the most famous of which is "arena "Khimki".